2. General theory of phase transitions;
3. Bose- and Fermi-statistics;
4. Phonons in crystals;
5. General Bose-systems: Bose-condensation;
7. Electrons in metals;
8. Interacting electrons: Green functions and Feynman diagrams (methods of the field theory in many-particle physics);
9. Electrons with Coulomb interaction;
10. Fermi-liquid theory and its possible generalizations;
11. Instabilities and phase transitions in electronic systems;
12. Strongly correlated electrons;
13. Magnetic impurities in metals, Kondo effect, heavy fermions and mixed valence; References; Index.
D. I. Khomskii is a Professor in the II Physikalisches Institut, Cologne University. His main research interests are the theory of systems with strongly correlated electrons, metal-insulator transitions, magnetism, orbital ordering ('Kugel-Khomskii model') and superconductivity.