2. Overview of turbomachinery nomenclature;
3. Aerothermodynamics of turbomachines;
4. Energy transfer between a fluid and a rotor;
5. Dimensional analysis, maps and specific speed;
6. Radial equilibrium theory;
7. Polytropic (small-stage) efficiency;
8. Axial-flow turbines;
9. Axial-flow compressors;
10. Radial inflow turbines;
11. Centrifugal compressors;
12. Turbine-compressor matching.
Erian Baskharone is a Professor Emeritus of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Texas A&M University and a member of the Rotordynamics/Turbomachinery Laboratory Faculty. Professor Baskharone has taught the turbomachinery course for the past fifteen years. Baskharone recieved his PhD from the University of Cincinnati and worked in the design department of what has become GE Engines before entering the academic world.