1. Statistical properties of polymer chains;
2. Polymer solutions;
3. Classical theory of gelation;
4. Rubber elasticity;
5. Associating polymer solutions;
6. Nongelling associating polymers;
7. Thermoreversible gelation;
8. Structure of polymer networks;
9. Rheology of thermoreversible gels;
10. Some important thermoreversible gels; Index.
Fumihiko Tanaka is Professor in the Department of Polymer Chemistry at the Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University. Professor Tanaka has published extensively and his current research interests are in theoretical aspects of phase transitions in polymeric systems, polymer association and thermoreversible gelation.