1. Materials: structure, properties and performance;
2. Elasticity and viscoelasticity;
4. Imperfections: point and line defects;
5. Imperfections: interfacial and volumetric defects;
6. Geometry of deformation and work-hardening;
7. Fracture: macroscopic aspects;
8. Fracture: microscopic aspects;
9. Fracture testing;
10. Solid solution, precipitation and dispersion strengthening;
11. Martensitic transformation;
12. Speciality materials: intermetallics and foams;
13. Creep and superplasticity;
15. Composite materials;
16. Environmental effects.
Marc Meyers is a Professor in the Department of NanoEngineering and Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University of California, San Diego. A Co-Founder and Co-Chair of the EXPLOMET Conferences, he has authored numerous texts and won international awards, including the Humboldt Senior Scientist Award (Germany), the TMS Distinguished Scientist/Engineer Awards (USA), and the Lee Hsun Award (China).
Krishan Kumar Chawla University of Alabama, Birmingham.
Krishan Chawla is a Professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Alabama at Birmingham. He is a Fellow of ASM International, Editor of International Materials Reviews, and has worked at various institutions in the Americas and Europe. He has authored several others texts and won numerous awards for his research and teaching.