2. Thermodynamics and kinetics of polymer-clay nanocomposites;
3. Analytical methods in nanocomposites;
4. Gas diffusion characteristics of polymer-clay nanocomposites;
5. Engineering properties of polymer-clay nanocomposites;
6. Variables associated with polymer-clay processing compared with reinforcement theory;
7. The effect of polymer type of polymer-clay nanocomposites;
8. Flame retardancy in polymer-clay nanocomposites.
Gary Beall is an Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Texas State University, San Marcos and Director of the Center for Nanophase Research. He was awarded his Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from Baylor University in 1975, and has since gained over 20 years of industry experience, co-edited the first book on polymer/clay nanocomposites, and authored numerous technical papers and two book chapters.
Clois E. Powell Dr, Texas State University, San Marcos.
Clois E. Powell is Associate Director of the Center for Nanophase Research at Texas State University, San Marcos, where he has worked since 2004. After receiving his Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from Rutgers University in 1979 he gained over 20 years of professional experience at companies including Southern Clay Products Inc. and The Sherwin Williams Company.