2. Constitutive relations;
3. Dynamic behavior;
4. Conceptual structure of linear viscoelasticity;
5. Viscoelastic stress and deformation analysis;
6. Experimental methods;
7. Viscoelastic properties of materials;
8. Casual mechanics;
9. Viscoelastic composite materials;
10. Applications and case studies.
Roderic Lakes is a Distinguished Professor in the Department of Engineering Physics at the University of Wisconsin�adison. He is a Fellow in the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and a Fellow in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). He has won numerous teaching awards and is the author and co-author of more than 194 archival publications, three books, including Viscoelastic Solids and Biomaterials (2nd and 3rd editions, with J. B. Park), and fourteen book chapters. The author� articles in Science and Nature are of particular note as they have led to numerous synergistic publications in a variety of disciplines.