2. Constitutive relations;
3. Dynamic behavior;
4. Conceptual structure of linear viscoelasticity;
5. Viscoelastic stress and deformation analysis;
6. Experimental methods;
7. Viscoelastic properties of materials;
8. Casual mechanics;
9. Viscoelastic composite materials;
10. Applications and case studies.
Roderic Lakes is a Distinguished Professor in the Department of Engineering Physics at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. He is a Fellow in the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and a Fellow in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). He has won numerous teaching awards and is the author and co-author of more than 194 archival publications, three books, including Viscoelastic Solids and Biomaterials (2nd and 3rd editions, with J. B. Park), and fourteen book chapters. The author's articles in Science and Nature are of particular note as they have led to numerous synergistic publications in a variety of disciplines.