2. Network system architecture basics
3. Cryptographic algorithms and security primitives
4. Wireless IP network access control
5. Local subnet configuration and address resolution
6. Security for global IP mobility
7. Location privacy.
James Kempf is a Research Fellow at DoCoMo Labs USA and has been active in systems and software research since he was awarded his Ph.D. in Systems Engineering from the University of Arizona in 1983. Prior to his current position, Dr. Kempf worked at Sun Microsystems for 13 years, where he was involved in a variety of research projects, including, in 1994, a prototype of a SPARC-based tablet computer with early 802.11 supports. His research interests include wireless internet security, new internet architectures, and immersive user interfaces for wireless terminals.