1. Atomic diffusion on surfaces;
2. Determination of adatom movements;
3. Atomic events in surface diffusion;
4. Diffusion on one-dimensional surfaces;
5. Diffusion on two-dimensional surfaces;
6. Diffusion in special environments;
7. Mechanism of cluster diffusion;
8. Diffusivities of small clusters;
9. Diffusion of large clusters;
10. Atomic pair interactions; Appendix.
Grazyna Antczak is a Humboldt Fellow in the Solid State Physics Department at Leibniz University, Hannover, Germany. She received her PhD from the Institute of Experimental Physics at the University of Wroclaw, Poland, where she is now an adjunct researcher. Dr Antczak is a Member of the American Physical Society and the Amercian Vacuum Society, and has had 15 publications in scientific journals.
Gert Ehrlich University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
Gert Ehrlich is currently Research Professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. He is internationally recognised as a pioneer in the area of surface diffusion, and has received numerous scientific honours and awards. Dr Ehrlich is an active member of various societies, and was a Fellow of the American Physical Society and the New York Academy of Sciences. He has written almost 200 journal articles and has served on several editorial advisory boards.