1. Transient localized material properties changes by ultrafast laser-pulse manipulation of electron dynamics in micro/nano manufacturing Lan Jiang;
2. Nanomorphing with ultrafast lasers and biomedical applications Alan Hunt;
3. Laser direct writing of nanocompounds Qingchuan Guo;
4. Nonlinear micro-processing of silicon by ultrafast fiber laser at 1552 nm Yoshiro Ito;
5. Ultrafast laser processing of hybrid micro- and nano-structures in silicate glasses Pavel Mardilovich;
6. Ultrafast photoluminescence in fused silica surface flaws susceptible to laser damage Ted Laurence;
Part II - Laser Ablation and Deposition, and Surface Modification:
7. Metal and metal-oxide nanoparticle synthesis by laser ablation of aqueous aerosols Kristofer Gleason;
8. Formation of foamy coatings by laser ablation of glass-ceramic substrates in the nanosecond regime substrate - temperature and wavelength dependence Daniel Sola;
9. Laser direct writing of graphene patterns Yong Feng Lu;
10. Closed-loop control of a laser assisted carbon nanotube growth process for interconnects in flexible electronics Yoeri van de Burgt;
11. Laser welding of transparent high performance polymer foils by using silver nanoparticles as absorption layer Matthias Neuber;
Part III - Laser-Material Interactions at Micro/Nanoscales:
12. Laser-assisted surface engineering of thin film electrode materials for lithium-ion batteries Wilhelm Pfleging;
13. What can lasers do in the nano-fabrication of carbon-nanotube-based devices? Yong Feng Lu;
14. Micro-structuring of metal films by localized single-pulse laser irradiation Daniel Georgiev;
15. Assembly of carbon nanotube devices by tip-induced optical trapping Yong Feng Lu;
16. High photosensitivity two-photon photoresists for large area surface microstructuring Robert DeVoe;
17. Optimization of cavity length to obtain low threshold solid-state dye laser Xuan-Ming Duan.
Craig B. Arnold Princeton University, New Jersey.
Costas P. Grigoropoulos University of California, Berkeley.
Steven M. Yalisove University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.