- The TCHRA
- How employees are using it in discrimination claims to gain more favorable state court forums.
- How it has its own unique provisions and state court interpretation.
- The Texas Labor Code and unemployment sections focus on:
- Payment of wages and commissions and the claim procedures for such compensation.
- Defining misconduct and how to litigate unemployment claims.
- Retaliation and Workers' Compensation claims.
- Plus 2 Bonus Codes:
Texas Government Code -- with a section on the latest in whistleblower claims -- and the Texas Administrative Code.
Michael P. Maslanka is entering his 30th year of practice. He litigates and tries employment law cases across Texas. He shares his knowledge through his Work Matters blog, his books, the Maslanka Field Guide series on employment law; and his monthly Work Matters column for In-House Texas. He uses his practical knowledge to help clients simplify their issues, and to be a cost-effective partner to them. He opened the Dallas office of Constangy Brooks & Smith, LLP in January 2011.