- Since NAPP Pharmaceuticals Limited launched their first product in the field of pain, they have expanded their portfolio to include six medicines in 15 different formulations, each in a range of dose strengths.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals’ primary focus lies in the development of non-opioid products for postsurgical pain control and its lead product, EXPAREL® (bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension), was commercially launched in the United States in April 2012.
- Mr. Joe Whalen is Vice President, Business Development & Alliance Management at Horizon Pharma, Inc..
- WEX Phamaceuticals’ lead product based on Tetrodotoxin (TTX), a highly selective sodium channel blocker, is in Phase III clinical development for the treatment of cancer-related pain.
- For the year ended December 31, 2011, total revenues increased to $6.9 million at Horizon Pharma, Inc., the biopharmaceutical company that is developing and commercializing innovative medicines to target unmet therapeutic needs in arthritis, pain and inflammatory diseases.
- Winston Pharmaceuticals’ late-stage product candidates span a range of pain indications, including episodic cluster headache, migraine and tension headache, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, neuropathic pain, cancer pain and pain associated with inflammatory bowel disease.
These are just a tiny sample of the 1,000’s of facts to be found in The Top 50 Developers Of Pain Management Pharmaceuticals.
The International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) defines pain as ‘An unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage, or described in terms of such damage’. The market for drugs to treat pain is large and growing rapidly. In 2011, it totalled $20 billion in the United States and $50 billion worldwide.
There are many pharmaceutical companies worldwide. This report profiles the Top 50 developers of pain management pharmaceuticals. They are located across the globe and develop products across many different therapeutic classes ranging from simple analgesics, such as aspirin and paracetamol sold over the counter, to powerful opioid analgesics for difficult to treat cancer pain.
Profile information for each company in The Top 50 Developers Of Pain Management Pharmaceuticals typically includes:
- Company Contact Information - Address, Telephone and Fax Numbers, Email and Website Address
- Key Company Decision Makers - From CEO and Main Board, to Key Senior Managers
- Specialised fields such as Company Description, Ownership, Products, Pipeline, Indications, Technology, Year Established, Number of Employees, Turnover and Foreign Trade.
Report Target Market:
1) Developers of Pain Management Pharmaceuticals
Usage: competitive/financial analysis and strategic partner/alliance identification
2) Drug Delivery Companies
This report is perfect for drug delivery companies with platforms for the delivery of pain management medications who wish to identify top potential customers.
3) Contract Research Organisations
The Top 50 Developers Of Pain Management Pharmaceuticals is ideal for those Contract Research Organisations with expertise in pain management or those looking to expand into this disease field.
This report is very useful for venture capital and investment firms with a focus on healthcare in general and pain management in particular.
5) Professional Organisations:
The Top 50 Developers Of Pain Management Pharmaceuticals is of interest to professional organisations in the field of pain science and medicine who wish to develop relationships with industry.
Note: Most people will be aware of some of the major developers of pain management pharmaceuticals such as Grünenthal GmbH, NAPP Pharmaceuticals Limited and Purdue Pharma L.P. but this report looks at all 50 of the top companies - companies like - NeurogesX, Inc. - led by Ronald Martell, the San Francisco Bay Area-based biopharmaceutical company focuses on developing and commercializing a portfolio of novel non-opioid, pain management therapies. On April 17, 2012 it engaged JSB-Partners, a global life sciences advisor, to assist it in executing its business development objectives that include selecting potential development and commercial partners and entering into partnerships for the United States and other major global markets, which remain unpartnered, for its lead product candidate NGX-1998 and its commercialized product Qutenza® (capsaicin 8%) patch.
Report data field structure is as follows:
- Company Name
- Mailing Address
- Street Address
- Parent Company Name
- Year Established
- Number of Employees
- Key Executives
- Company Description
- Turnover €m
- Foreign Trade
- Location Status
Keywords: Acute intensive pain, Acute migraine, Acute cancer pain, Acute pain, After-shingles pain, Anal fissure pain, Analgesic, Analgesia, Back pain, Biopharmaceutical company, Biotechnology company, Breakthrough cancer pain (BTCP), Breakthrough pain (BTP), Cancer pain, Central neuropathic pain, Chemotherapy-induced neuropathic pain, Diabetic peripheral neuropathy, Chronic daily headache, Chronic migraine headache, Chronic pain, Cluster headache, Dental pain, Drug development company, Dysmenorrhoea, Entrapment neuropathy, Episodic cluster headache, Fibromyalgia, Headache, Inflammatory pain, Intrathecal drug delivery, Local pain, Lumbosacral radiculopathy (LSR), Migraine, Mild-to-moderate acute pain, Moderate-to-severe pain, Muscle pain, Musculoskeletal pain, Myalgia, Neuralgia pain, Neuropathic pain, Neuroscience, Nociceptive pain, Non-opioid analgesic, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), Opiate analgesics, Opioid, Osteoarthritis, Pain control, Painful Diabetic Neuropathy (PDN), Painful HIV-distal sensory polyneuropathy (HIV-DSP), Pain management, Pain medication, Pain relief, Pain therapy products, Peripheral neuropathy, Postherpetic Neuralgia (PHN), Postoperative pain, Post-surgical pain control, Pharmaceutical, Rheumatoid arthritis, Severe pain, Severe chronic pain, Somatic pain, Specialty pharmaceutical company, Topical pain relief, Trigeminal neuralgia, Visceral pain.
AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Akela Pharma Inc
Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company, Inc
Archimedes Pharma Ltd
Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Elite Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Forest Laboratories Inc
Horizon Pharma, Inc.
INSYS Therapeutics, Inc.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Johnson and Johnson
Mundipharma International Ltd
Napp Pharmaceutical Group
Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Paladin Labs, Inc.
Purdue Pharma L.P.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals International GmbH
Teikoku Pharma USA, Inc.
TheraQuest Biosciences, Inc.
Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals Inc.