Despite huge logistics costs and outdated technologies, Russian methanol manufacturers have successfully exported a significant proportion of their products. However, the global economic crisis has affected the Russian methanol market. A remarkable drop in demand has led to a staged price decrease. Local producers have had to reduce methanol output, mothball expansion and upgrade projects, and postpone the creation of new capacities. However, unlike other European countries, the growth of the Russian methanol market is expected to be higher in future, and this is a favorable time to start capacity additions, which are expected to result in a further increase in Russian methanol share in Europe in the coming years.
Russian methanol industry is in quite difficult situation in the sense that it cannot realize yet its competitive advantages in raw materials. Volumes of production of this chemical is now significantly below the pre-crisis level, mainly because of the loss of positions on international market by Russian companies. At the same time, there are a lot of new investment ideas and new projects in the industry.
JSC TogliattiAzot, OAO Vostokgazprom, JSC Metafrax and Eurochem Technologies Corporation Pte Ltd are the top players in the Russian methanol industry. About half of all Russian methanol is processed into formaldehyde and then into formaldehyde-containing resins.
In this scenario, Taiyou Research analyzes the Methanol Industry in Russia. The report covers the following:
- An introduction to what is methanol, the various uses of methanol and the safety issues with methanol.
- An analysis of the methanol industry in Russia through industry statistics, demand and production scenario of methanol in Russia, and the demand of methanol in Russia by sectors.
- Cost analysis of methanol in Russia.
- Import/export situation of methanol in Russia including import/export statistics.
- An analysis of the major global market players through their business analysis, a look at their products & services, financials and a SWOT analysis.
Summing up this research report on the Methanol Industry in Russia we provide a glossary of terms and a research methodology. Taiyou Research’s analysis of the Methanol Industry in Russia is a comprehensive profile of this industry.
2. What is Methanol?
2.1 Introduction to Methanol
2.2 Uses of Methanol
2.2.1 Methanol as Feedstock
2.2.2 Methanol as Vehicle Fuel
2.2.3 Other Uses
2.3 Emergence of a Methanol Economy
2.4 Safety Issues with Methanol
3. Methanol Industry in Russia
3.1 Industry Statistics
3.2 Demand & Production of Methanol in Russia
3.3 Demand of Methanol by Sectors
4. Cost Analysis: Methanol in Russia
5. Import/Export of Methanol in Russia
6. Competition in the Industry
7. Major Global Industry Players
7.1 JSC Togliattiazot
7.2 Linde AG
7.2.1 Company Overview
7.2.2 Business Analysis
7.2.3 Major Products & Services
7.2.4 Financial Analysis
7.2.5 SWOT Analysis
7.3 LyondellBasell Industries
7.3.1 Company Overview
7.3.2 Business Analysis
7.3.3 Major Products & Services
7.3.4 Financial Analysis
7.3.5 SWOT Analysis
7.4 Praxair Inc
7.4.1 Company Overview
7.4.2 Business Analysis
7.4.3 Major Products & Services
7.4.4 Financial Analysis
7.4.5 SWOT Analysis
7.5 Terra Industries Inc/CF Industries
7.5.1 Company Overview
7.5.2 Business Analysis
7.5.3 Major Products & Services
7.5.4 Financial Analysis
9. Research Methodology