It is expected that over the next few years demand for methanol from South Korea will significantly increase. The shift of methanol manufacturing production to China, along with new capacity additions in the Middle East, will affect capacity additions in South Korea. South Korea’s share of Asia-Pacific methanol production is expected to reduce to 2.5% from 2011 levels by 2021.
There are no companies in the South Korean market exclusively marketing methanol. The textile industry is a leading force in the Korean economic development and a major source of foreign exchange earnings. Acetic acid is one of the major raw materials in the production of terephthalic acid used in polyester manufacturing processes, which contributed to the increase in the consumption of methanol in the region during 2011.
Meanwhile, the automobile and packaging sectors also supported the increase in the consumption of methanol during the period. South Korea is experiencing the issues of “constrained” supplies from some contract suppliers.
In this scenario, Taiyou Research analyzes the Methanol Industry in South Korea. The report covers the following:
- An introduction to what is methanol, the various uses of methanol and the safety issues with methanol.
- An analysis of the methanol industry in South Korea through industry statistics, demand and production scenario of methanol in South Korea, and the demand of methanol in South Korea by sectors.
- Cost analysis of methanol in South Korea.
- Import/export situation of methanol in South Korea including import/export statistics.
- An analysis of the major global market players through their business analysis, a look at their products & services, financials and a SWOT analysis.
Summing up this research report on the Methanol Industry in South Korea we provide a glossary of terms and a research methodology. Taiyou Research’s analysis of the Methanol Industry in South Korea is a comprehensive profile of this industry.
2. What is Methanol?
2.1 Introduction to Methanol
2.2 Uses of Methanol
2.2.1 Methanol as Feedstock
2.2.2 Methanol as Vehicle Fuel
2.2.3 Other Uses
2.3 Emergence of a Methanol Economy
2.4 Safety Issues with Methanol
3. Methanol Industry in South Korea
3.1 Industry Statistics
3.2 Demand & Production of Methanol in South Korea
3.3 Demand of Methanol by Sectors
4. Cost Analysis: Methanol in South Korea
5. Import/Export of Methanol in South Korea
6. Competition in the Industry
7. Major Global Industry Players
7.1 Eastman Chemical Company
7.1.1 Company Overview
7.1.2 Business Analysis
7.1.3 Major Products & Services
7.1.4 Financial Analysis
7.1.5 SWOT Analysis
7.2 Linde AG
7.2.1 Company Overview
7.2.2 Business Analysis
7.2.3 Major Products & Services
7.2.4 Financial Analysis
7.2.5 SWOT Analysis
7.3 LyondellBasell Industries
7.3.1 Company Overview
7.3.2 Business Analysis
7.3.3 Major Products & Services
7.3.4 Financial Analysis
7.3.5 SWOT Analysis
7.4 Praxair Inc
7.4.1 Company Overview
7.4.2 Business Analysis
7.4.3 Major Products & Services
7.4.4 Financial Analysis
7.4.5 SWOT Analysis
7.5 Terra Industries Inc/CF Industries
7.5.1 Company Overview
7.5.2 Business Analysis
7.5.3 Major Products & Services
7.5.4 Financial Analysis
9. Research Methodology