The methanol landscape has altered dramatically in the last decade as significant restructuring and price volatility have rocked the industry. But despite this upheaval and uncertainty, growth has continued apace. A key driver of this frenetic activity has been the cost of feedstock. High gas costs in the traditional production centers have put producers under severe pressure.
The methanol market is in a state of change with some derivatives declining, such as MTBE, whilst some are increasing strongly such as biodiesel, gasoline blending, DME, Methanol-to-Olefins. Demand potential into these new outlets is highly dependent on the cost competitiveness of methanol against traditional alternatives such as LPG. This in turn is determined by future developments in feedstock prices and the structure of the methanol production base. These are dynamic and very exciting times for the methanol industry that bring with them a wealth of opportunities for existing and prospective players in the methanol market.
To succeed in capitalizing on these opportunities, it is crucial for the players across the world to understand the drivers and mechanisms that are shaping the changes of the industry.
Since there are no plants for methanol production in Thailand, not many companies are involved exclusively into marketing methanol. Demand is driven by the construction industry since formaldehyde is used primarily to produce adhesives for the manufacture of various construction board products.
In this scenario, Taiyou Research analyzes the Methanol Industry in Thailand. The report covers the following:
- An introduction to what is methanol, the various uses of methanol and the safety issues with methanol.
- An analysis of the methanol industry in Thailand through industry statistics, demand and production scenario of methanol in Thailand, and the demand of methanol in Thailand by sectors.
- Cost analysis of methanol in Thailand.
- Import/export situation of methanol in Thailand including import/export statistics.
- An analysis of the major global market players through their business analysis, a look at their products & services, financials and a SWOT analysis.
Summing up this research report on the Methanol Industry in Thailand we provide a glossary of terms and a research methodology. Taiyou Research’s analysis of the Methanol Industry in Thailand is a comprehensive profile of this industry.
2. What is Methanol?
2.1 Introduction to Methanol
2.2 Uses of Methanol
2.2.1 Methanol as Feedstock
2.2.2 Methanol as Vehicle Fuel
2.2.3 Other Uses
2.3 Emergence of a Methanol Economy
2.4 Safety Issues with Methanol
3. Methanol Industry in Thailand
3.1 Industry Statistics
3.2 Demand & Production of Methanol in Thailand
3.3 Demand of Methanol by Sectors
4. Cost Analysis: Methanol in Thailand
5. Import/Export of Methanol in Thailand
6. Competition in the Industry
7. Major Global Industry Players
7.1 Eastman Chemical Company
7.1.1 Company Overview
7.1.2 Business Analysis
7.1.3 Major Products & Services
7.1.4 Financial Analysis
7.1.5 SWOT Analysis
7.2 Linde AG
7.2.1 Company Overview
7.2.2 Business Analysis
7.2.3 Major Products & Services
7.2.4 Financial Analysis
7.2.5 SWOT Analysis
7.3 LyondellBasell Industries
7.3.1 Company Overview
7.3.2 Business Analysis
7.3.3 Major Products & Services
7.3.4 Financial Analysis
7.3.5 SWOT Analysis
7.4 Praxair Inc
7.4.1 Company Overview
7.4.2 Business Analysis
7.4.3 Major Products & Services
7.4.4 Financial Analysis
7.4.5 SWOT Analysis
7.5 Terra Industries Inc/CF Industries
7.5.1 Company Overview
7.5.2 Business Analysis
7.5.3 Major Products & Services
7.5.4 Financial Analysis
9. Research Methodology