The result is the ultimate text and reference on the science and technology of the vinification process: understanding and dealing with yeasts and bacterias involved in the transformation from grape to wine. A must for all serious students and practitioners involved in winemaking.
Preface to the First Edition.
Preface to the Second Edition.
1. Cytology, Taxonomy and Ecology of Grape and Wine Yeasts.
2. Biochemistry of Alcoholic Fermentation and Metabolic Pathways of Wine Yeasts.
3. Conditions of Yeast Development.
4. Lactic Acid Bacteria.
5. Metabolism of Lactic Acid Bacteria.
6. Lactic Acid Bacteria Development in Wine.
7. Acetic Acid Bacteria.
8. The Use of Sulfur Dioxide in Must and Wine Treatment.
9. Products and Methods Complementing the Effect of Sulfur Dioxide.
10. The Grape and its Maturation.
11. Harvest and Pre-Fermentation Treatments.
12. Red Winemaking.
13. White Winemaking.
14. Other Winemaking Methods.
Denis Dubourdieu Victor Segalen University of Bordeaux II, France.