- Provides a broad introduction to current practices and techniques for lab–based research in genomics
- Explains clearly and precisely how to carry out selected techniques in addition to background information on the various approaches
- Chapters are written by a leading international authorities in the field and cover both well–known and new, tried and tested, methods for working in genomics
- Includes troubleshooting guide and reviews of alternative techniques
- An essential laboratory manual for students and researchers at all levels
1 High–Resolution Analysis of Genomic Copy Number Changes (Mario Hermsen, Jordy Coffa, Bauke Ylstra, Gerrit Meijer, Hans Morreau, Ronald van Eijk, Jan Oosting and Tom van Wezel).
1.2 Methods and Approaches.
2 Identification of Polymorphic Markers for Genetic Mapping (Daniel C. Koboldt and Raymond D. Miller).
2.2 Methods and Approaches.
3 Genotyping and LOH Analysis on Archival Tissue Using SNP Arrays (Ronald van Eijk, Anneke Middeldorp, Esther H. Lips, Marjo van Puijenbroek, Hans Morreau, Jan Oosting and Tom van Wezel).
3.2 Methods and Approaches.
4 Genetic Mapping of Complex Traits (Nancy L. Saccone).
4.2 Methods and Approaches.
5 RNA Amplification Strategies: Toward Single–Cell Sensitivity (Natalie Stickle, Norman N. Iscove, Carl Virtanen, Mary Barbara, Carolyn Modi, Ari Baratz, Toni Di Berardino, Ellen Greenblatt, Ted Brown and Neil Winegarden).
5.2 Methods and Approaches.
6 Real–Time Quantitative RT–PCR for mRNA Profiling (Stephen A. Bustin and Tania Nolan).
6.2 Methods and Approaches.
7 Gene Expression in Mammalian Cells (Félix Recillas–Targa, Georgina Guerrero, Martín Escamilla–del–Arenal and Héctor Rincón–Arano).
7.2 Methods and Approaches.
8 Using Yeast Two–Hybrid Methods to Investigate Large Numbers of Binary Protein Interactions (Panagoula Charalabous, Jonathan Woodsmith and Christopher M. Sanderson).
8.2 Methods and Approaches.
9 Prediction of Protein Function (Hon Nian Chua).
9.2 Methods and Approaches.
10 Elucidating Gene Function through Use of Genetically Engineered Mice (Mary P. Heyer, Cátia Feliciano, João Peca and Guoping Feng).
10.2 Methods and Approaches.
11 Delivery Systems for Gene Transfer (Charlotte Lawson and Louise Collins).
11.2 Methods and Approaches.
12 Gene Therapy Strategies: Constructing an AAV Trojan Horse (M. Ian Phillips, Edilamar M. de Oliveira, Leping Shen, Yao Liang Tang, and Keping Qian).
12.2 Methods and Approaches.
13 An Introduction to Proteomics Technologies for the Genomics Scientist (David B. Friedman).
13.2 Methods and Approaches.