As with the previous editions, this book provides a comprehensive survey of these remarkable materials, again presented in a readable manner, and continues to provide both an easily–understood introduction for those with limited knowledge of chemistry as well as detailed coverage for the more chemically–minded.
2. The global polyurethanes market.
3. The life–cycle of polyurethanes.
4. Product Stewardship.
7. Outline of polyurethane chemistry.
8. Blowing agents.
11. Introduction to flexible foams.
12. Moulded foams for automotive seating, sound insulation and furniture.
13. Slabstock foams.
14. Technical foams and applications.
15. Introduction to rigid foams.
18. Other construction applications.
19. Introduction to elastomers.
20. Elastomers for footwear applications.
21. Thermoplastic polyurethanes.
22. Other two–component elastomers.
23. Introduction to coatings, adhesives, sealants and encapsulants.
26 Wood adhesives.
27. Sealants and encapsulants.
28. Introduction to polyurethane composites.
29. Polyurethane composite technology.
30. The use of polyurethane composites in automotive applications.
Appendix 1: Calculations.
Appendix 2: Conversion factors.
Appendix 3: Physical properties of isocyanates.