This book covers the bulk growth of semiconductors, i.e. silicon, gallium arsenide, cadmium mercury telluride, indium phosphide, indium antimonide, gallium nitride, cadmium zinc telluride, a range of wide-bandgap II-VI compounds, diamond and silicon carbide, and a wide range of oxides/fluorides (including sapphire and quartz) that are used in many industrial applications. A separate chapter is devoted to the fascinating field of growth in various forms of microgravity, an activity that is approximately 30-years old and which has revealed many interesting features, some of which have been very surprising to experimenters and theoreticians alike.
- Covers the most important materials within the field
- The contributors come from a wide variety of countries and include both academics and industrialists, to give a balanced treatment
- Builds-on an established series known in the community
- Highly pertinent to current and future developments in telecommunications and computer-processing industries.
List of Contributors.
1. Introduction to Liquid Phase Epitaxy (Hans J. Scheel)
2. Liquid Phase Epitaxy in Russia Prior to 1990 (V.A. Mishurnyi)
3. Phase Diagrams and Modeling in Liquid Phase Epitaxy (Kazuo Nakajima)
4. Equipment and Instrumentation for Liquid Phase Epitaxy (Michael G. Mauk and James B. McNeely)
5. Silicon, Germanium and Silicon-Germanium Liquid Phase Epitaxy (Michael G. Mauk)
6. Liquid Phase Epitaxy of Silicon Carbide (R. Yakimova and M. Syvajarvi)
7. Liquid Phase Epitaxy of Gallium Nitride (Hans J. Scheel and Dennis Elwell)
8. Liquid Phase Epitaxy of Quantum Wells and Quantum Dots (A. Krier, X.L. Huang and Z. Labadi)
9. Liquid Phase Epitaxy of Hg1-x CDx Te (MCT) (P. Capper)
10. Liquid Phase Epitaxy of Widegap II-VIs (J.F. Wang and M. Isshiki)
11. Liquid Phase Epitaxy of Garnets (Taketoshi Hibiya and Peter Gornert)
12. Liquid Phase Epitaxy: A Survey of Capabilities, Recent Developments and Specialized Applications (Michael G. Mauk)
13. Liquid Phase Epitaxy for Light Emitting Diodes (Michael G. Mauk)