Drawing on the authors hands–on experience in developing, billing and delivering Multimedia Messaging Services (MMS), this innovative book addresses how MMS will affect existing network and business infrastructures. It demonstrates how the technologies and standards impact current business models of companies across the value chain, be they mobile operators, service providers, content providers, handset manufacturers or equipment vendors.
Read MMS Technologies, Usage and Business Models for:
- An understanding of the standards and technologies that underpin the delivery of services both at the application and network layers
- An overview of the different players, their contribution to the value chain and the challenges they face
- An insight into the fundamental changes to mail and billing systems for MMS
- Guidance on regulatory requirements
- Information on the technologies that ensure user uptake (such as security, location information, personalisation and context awareness)
- A review of interoperability issues and usage scenarios
" this is not about putting a technology into a pocket, but about delivering a service to customers while mobile." Daniel Ralph and Paul Graham
How This Book Is Organized.
PART I: MOBILE MESSAGING BUSINESS CHALLENGES.
1. Multimedia Messaging Overview.
2. The Multimedia Messaging Value Chain.
PART II: THE TECHNOLOGIES OF MULTI MEDIA MESSAGING.
3. A Standards–based Approach.
4. Application Layer.
5. Network Layer.
PART III: MULTI MEDIA MESSAGING SERVICES TODAY AND TOMORROW.
6. Multimedia Messaging Services Today and Tomorrow.
7. Future Recommendations.
Table of Infrastructure, Content and Software Vendors.
Standards and Specifications.
Industrial Fora, Regulatory Organizations and Other Relevant Initiatives.
"...target audience should find Daniel Ralph and Paul Graham′s book a useful addition to their office..." (M2 Best Books, 2004)
"...a very comprehensive guide...can be strongly recommended..." (EBU Technical Review, 20 July 2004)