Software Configuration Management Implementation Roadmap provides the reader with the building blocks and concrete steps for implementing SCM. It does this by focusing on several areas:
- Aligns SCM tasks to the appropriate target levels within the workplace. The three target levels include: the Organization, the Application, and the Project level. This increases the chances of a more effective SCM implementation.
- Provides a customizable set of SCM tasks and templates for establishing a unique roadmap for implementing SCM. Within this book, each task includes step–by–step guidance to implement the SCM need.
- Provides a focus on distributed and offshore development since development is more distributed than ever before. This book can help you plan for and guide you through the strategies of establishing distributed development infrastructures.
Who should use this Book.
Benefits of this Book.
Examining the Target Levels.
Examining the Customizable Set of SCM Tasks.
How to Use this Book.
2. Introduction to SCM.
General Definition for SCM.
Four Fundamentals of SCM.
Benefits of SCM.
SCM Resource Guide.
3. Establish SCM in an Organization.
Focusing on the Organization Level.
SCM Commitment Phase.
SCM Direction Phase.
SCM Foundation Phase.
4. Establish an SCM Infrastructure for an Application.
Focusing on the Application Level.
SCM Analysis Phase.
SCM Implementation Planning Phase.
SCM Technology Selection Phase.
SCM Design Phase.
SCM Process Phase.
SCM Technology Implementation Phase.
SCM Training Phase.
SCM System Testing Phase.
SCM System Transition Phase.
5. Establish SCM Tasks on a Project.
Focusing on the Project Level.
Project Planning and Requirements Phase.
A.1 – SCM Risk List Template.
A.2 – Lessons Learned Template.
A.3 – SCM Glossary.
A.4 – SCM Policy Template.
A.5 – SCM Plan Template.
A.6 – SCM Analysis Investigator Template.
A.7 – SCM Analysis Summary Template.
A.8 – SCM Implementation Project Plan Template.
A.9 – SCM Technology Evaluation Requirements List Template.
A.9.1 – SCM Technology Evaluation Summary Template.
A.10 – SCM Design Specification Template.
A.11 – Master Application Inventory Template.
A.12 – Global SCM/Development Strategy Template.
A.13 – SCM Problem Management Process.
A1.13.1 – Problem Request Form Template.
A.14 – SCM Change Control Process.
A1.14.1 – Change Request Form Template.
A1.14.2 – Change Control Board (CCB) Conduct Guidelines Template.
A.15 – SCM Identification Process.
A.16 – SCM Version Control Process.
A.17 – SCM Merge Process.
A.18 – SCM Build Process.
A.19 – SCM Release Process.
A1.19.1 – Release Notes Template.
A.20 – SCM Audit Process.
A1.20.1 – SCM Process Audit Checklist Template.
A1.20.2 – SCM Baseline Audit Checklist Template.
A.21 – SCM Oversight Process.
A1.21.1 – SCM Status Report Template.
A.22– SCM Report Process.
A.23– SCM Tasks at the Project Level.
About the Author.