- Provides a thorough grounding in the mathematical representation of FACTS controllers and power plant components.
- Explains power plant component parameters calculations in both phase and sequence frames of reference.
- Details conventional and three–phase power flows of FACTS–upgraded power systems.
- Covers optimal power flows and advanced optimization techniques.
- Includes a methodology on power tracing and application areas.
- Enables the reader to gain first–hand experience thanks to provided test cases and software written in Matlab® code in most chapters.
Modelling of FACTS Controllers.
Modelling of Conventional Power Plant.
Conventional Power Flow.
Power Flow including FACTS Controllers.
Three–phase Power Flow.
Optimal Power Flow.
Power Flow Tracing.
Appendix A: Jacobian Elements for FACTS Controllers in Positive Sequence Power Flow.
Appendix B: Gradient and Hessian Elements for Optimal Power Flow Newton′s Method.
Appendix C: Matlab® Computer Program for Optimal Power Flow Solutions using Newton′s Method.