- A revised model of accident causation that exemplifies the processes and procedures of today’s safety technology
- Expanded treatment of the managerial sources of error
- A new chapter on the ways in which the "culture" of an organization determines what methods will and will not succeed
- A discussion of ergonomics how design causes error and cumulative trauma disorders
- Insight into how to reduce psychological overload on the job
- New material on risk assessment techniques
Human Error––What It Is.
Human Error––What It Does.
SYSTEM–CAUSED HUMAN ERROR.
Reducing System–Caused Error.
Causes and Outcomes of Overload.
Reducing Overload–Caused Errors.
DECISION TO ERR.
Logical Decision to Err.
Perception of Risk.
Reducing Decisions to Err.
Human Error Reduction Concepts.
Line Management Roles.
Roles of Staff.