- First title to ever present soft computing approaches and their application in data mining, along with the traditional hard-computing approaches
- Addresses the principles of multimedia data compression techniques (for image, video, text) and their role in data mining
- Discusses principles and classical algorithms on string matching and their role in data mining
1. Introduction to Data Mining.
2. Soft Computing.
3. Multimedia Data Compression.
4. String Matching.
5. Classification in Data Mining.
6. Clustering in Data Mining.
7. Association Rules.
8. Rule Mining with Soft Computing.
9. Multimedia Data Mining.
10. Bioinformatics: An Application.
About the Authors.