Following the successful first edition, this second edition of Power System Harmonics maintains the practical approach to the subject and discusses the impact of advanced power electronic technology on instrumentation, simulation, standards and active harmonic elimination techniques.
- A new chapter on modern digital instrumentation techniques.
- Added sections on active filters and modern distorting devices such as FACTS devices, multilevel conversion, current source, voltage source inverters and turn–OFF–related power electronic devices.
- References to international standards for harmonics and inter–harmonics.
- Numerical examples of technique application.
Offering a comprehensive understanding of power systems, this book is an asset to power engineers involved in the planning, design and operation of power system generation, transmission and distribution. Researchers and postgraduate students in the field will also benefit from this useful reference.
1. Subject Definition and Objectives.
2. Harmonic Analysis.
3. Harmonic Sources.
4. Effects of Harmonic Distortion.
5. Harmonic Monitoring.
6. Harmonic Elimination.
7. Computation of Harmonic Flows.
8. Advanced Harmonic Assessment.