Carrier-grade software must satisfy the stringent quality requirements of network operators whose systems provide mission-critical communications services. This book describes proven carrier-grade software techniques used in flagship products designed by industry leaders such as Lucent, Nortel, and Ericsson.
In the age of 24/7, software robustness is a competitive advantage. This authoritative guide for software engineers, managers, and testers of products that face carrier-grade requirements helps you to develop state-of-the-art software that will give you an edge in todayâ??s marketplace.
Robust Communications Software: Extreme Availability, Reliability and Scalability for Carrier-Grade Systems
- offers advice on choosing the right technologies for building reliable software
- incorporates real-world examples and design rationales when describing how to construct robust, embedded software for communications systems
- presents a comprehensive set of carrier-grade design patterns that help you to meet extreme availability, reliability, scalability, and capacity requirements
- gives advice on how to protect against and recover from software faults
- discusses system installation, operability, maintenance, and on-site debugging
Using Objects Effectively.
Protecting Against Software Faults.
Recovering from Software Faults.
Debugging in the Field.
Staging Carrier-Grade Software.
Assessing Carrier-Grade Software.