- Considers the optical waveguiding characteristics and properties of semiconductor materials and the physics of DFB semiconductor lasers.
- Presents a powerful modelling technique based on the transfer matrix method which can be used to improve the design of laser diodes, optical fibres and amplifiers.
- Examines the effect of the various corrugation shapes on the coupling coefficients and lasing characteristics of DFB laser diodes.
- Technical advice to improve immunity against the spatial hole burning effect.
- Extensive referencing throughout and a comprehensive glossary of symbols and abbreviations.
- Suitable for both introductory and advanced levels
Glossary of Abbreviations.
Glossary of Symbols.
1. An Introduction to Optical Communication Systems.
2. Principles of Distributed Feedback Semiconductor Laser Diodes: Coupled Wave Theory.
3. Structural Impacts on the Solutions of Coupled Wave Equations: An Overview.
4. Transfer Matrix Modelling in DFB Semiconductor Lasers.
5. Threshold Analysis and Optimization of Various DFB LDs Using the Transfer Matrix Method.
6. Above-Threshold Characteristics of DFB Laser Diodes: A TMM Approach.
7. Above-Threshold Analysis of Various DFB Lase r Structures Using the TMM.
8. Circuit and Transmission-Line Laser Modelling (TLLM) Techniques.
9. Analysis of DFB Laser Diode Characteristics Based on the Transmission-Line Modelling (TLLM).
10. Wavelength Tunable Optical Filters Based on DFB Laser Structures.
11. Other Wavelenght Tunable Optical Filters Based on the DFB Laser Structure.
12. Conclusion, Summary and Suggestions.