Fully updated to reflect new developments in the field and with all new case studies throughout, this edition will be essential reading for undergraduates and masters students taking modules in Biotechnology or Pollution Control as part of Environmental Science, Environmental Management or Environmental Biology.
- Includes all new up–to–date case studies to illustrate practical applications
- New edition, fully revised to reflect advances in the field including recent genomics and proteomics research
- Provides an indispensable single source reference point for this rapidly developing subject area
- Collates and presents information from a range of sub–disciplines in an accessible and reader–friendly manner
- Divides the topic into logical strands pollution, waste and manufacturing
- Fully updated section on biofuels and increased coverage of environmental toxicology
Chapter 1 Introduction to Environmental Biotechnology.
Chapter 2 Microbes and Metabolism.
Chapter 3 Fundamentals of Biological Intervention.
Chapter 4 Pollution and Pollution Control.
Chapter 5 Contaminated Land and Bio–Remediation.
Chapter 6 Aerobes and Effluents.
Chapter 7 Phytotechnology and Photosynthesis.
Chapter 8 Biotechnology and Waste.
Chapter 9 Genetic Manipulation.
Chapter 10 Integrated Environmental Biotechnology.
Bibliography and Suggested Further Reading.