Dedicated Digital Processors emphasizes the common aspects of hardware and software structures, explaining the opportunities provided for developing low–power, high–speed processors and processor networks.
- An introduction to the technological basics of digital computers, including transistor circuits and the properties of current integrated chips.
- Discussions on complexity issues such as minimization, the timing and synchronization of computations and techniques used to boost performance in modern high–speed processors.
- The presentation of a programmable processor design, including the handling of input and output, interru pt processing and DMA.
- A detailed evaluation of standard DSP architectures including up–to–date information on TI 67xx, Analog Devices, Sharc processors and Virtex FPGA (field programmable gate arrays).
- VHDL examples and exercises that can be simulated and synthesized with free design tools provided by FPGA companies.
Based on the author s considerable experience in teaching digital systems design and digital signal processing, this book is an excellent reference for graduate and senior undergraduate students in electronic and computer engineering. Practising engineers and professionals developing DSP applications will appreciate the guidance to designing digital systems.
1. Digital Computer Basics.
2. Hardware Elements.
3. Hardware Design Using VHDL.
4. Operations on Numbers.
5. Sequential Control Circuits.
6. Sequential Processors.
7. System–Level Design.
8. Digital Signal Processors.