- Addresses the physics of ESD protection in CMOS, silicon on insulator (SOI), and Silicon Germanium (SiGe), and future technologies from FinFETs to Carbon nano–tubes.
- Derives electro–thermal models from first principles highlighting early research, electro–thermal physical models and techniques.
- Introduces traditional and modern techniques to old problems in ESD, covering Boltzmann transforms and the Duhamel principle, as well as transmission line representations and transfer resistance models.
1. Electrostatics and Electrothermal Physics.
2. Electrothermal and Methods of Analysis ESD Models.
3. Semiconductor Device Physics and ESD.
4. Substrates and ESD.
5. Wells and Sub–collectors and ESD.
6. Isolation Technology and ESD.
7. Drain Engineering, Salicides and ESD.
8. Dielectrics and ESD.
9. Interconnects and ESD.
10. Silicon on Insulator (SOI) and ESD.
11. Silicon–Germanium and ESD.
12. Nanostructures and ESD.