- Key design issues in optical circuits.
- Experimental methods.
- Evaluation techniques.
- Operation of waveguide based devices.
- Fabrication of silicon waveguide circuits.
- Evaluation of silicon photonic systems.
- Numerous worked examples, models and case studies.
Silicon Photonics is an essential tool for photonics engineers and young professionals working in the optical network, optical communications and semiconductor industries. This book is also an invaluable reference and a potential main text to senior undergraduates and postgraduate students studying fibre optics, integrated optics, or optical network technology.
2. The Basics of Guided Waves.
3. Characteristics of Optical Fibres for Communications.
4. Silicon–on–Insulator (SOI) Photonics.
5. Fabrication of Silicon Waveguide Devices.
6. A Selection of Photonic Devices.
7. Polarisation–dependent Losses: Issues for Consideration.
8. Prospects for Silicon Light–emitting Devices.