Authored by internationally renowned scientists in the field, this reliable reference covers more than 450 reactions and includes important stoichiometric as well as catalytic asymmetric reactions. The first chapter reviews the basic principles, common nomenclature, and analytical methods, and the remainder of the book is organized according to reaction type. The text examines such topics as:
- Carbon-carbon bond formations involving carbonyls, enamines, imines, and enolates
- Asymmetric C-O bond formations including epoxidation, dihydroxylation, and aminohydroxylation
- Asymmetric synthesis using the Diels-Alder reaction and other cyclizations
- Applications to the total synthesis of natural products
- Use of enzymes in asymmetric synthesis
Practicing chemists in the pharmaceutical, fine chemical, and agricultural professions as well as graduate students will find that Principles and Applications of Asymmetric Synthesis affords comprehensive and current coverage.
-Alkylation and Catalytic Alkylation of Carbonyl Compounds.
Aldol and Related Reactions.
Asymmetric Diels-Alder and Other Cyclization Reactions.
Asymmetric Catalytic Hydrogenation and Other Reduction Reactions.
Applications of Asymmetric Reactions in the Synthesis of Natural Products.
Enzymatic Reactions and Miscellaneous Asymmetic Syntheses.
Yue-Ming Li Department of Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China.
Albert S. C. Chan Department of Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China.