Based on an exclusive author survey of corporate and divisional safety directors, this principal book on career enhancement and effective performance in safety management expertly covers the competencies necessary for success in this continually transitioning field. The coverage is so extensive, each chapter could be used as the subject of a professional society course.
Innovations in Safety Management establishes a knowledge base of financial management fundamentals to open communications between safety professionals and management. It will facilitate deeper comprehension of executive decision making so that safety strategies can be delivered in business terms. Also, it will assist safety practitioners in establishing personal value within a company and communicating that value to management. Also detailed in this book are:
- The theoretical ideal for optimum safety performance
- The Safety Decision Hierarchy placing the hierarchy of controls within tried and proven problem–solving techniques
- Why safety practitioners need to know about hazard analysis and risk assessment
- A primer on hazard analysis and risk assessment
- How to prevent bringing hazards into the workplace
- Methodology for extending task analysis to further establish value
- A new, three–dimensional risk scoring system
- Behavioral safety
- A history of the Safety Through Design movement
This book was written with consideration for everyone responsible for safety in all businesses regardless of professional title, including safety practitioners, human relations directors, and management personnel.
A Short Course on Business Financial Management.
Establishing Your Value: Communicating Incident Statistics in Financial Terms.
The Theoretical Ideal for Optimum Safety Performance.
The Safety Decision Hierarchy.
Why You Need to Know About Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment.
A Primer on Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment.
How to Avoid Bringing Hazards into the Work Place.
Task Analysis: For Productivity, Cost Efficiency, Safety, and Quality.
Risk Scoring Systems.
Current Developments in Behavioral Safety.
The Safety Through Design Movement.