In industrial settings, using modern technology, machinery, and integrated systems to their maximum potential often depends on well–designed automation software. As tech–nologies continually develop and evolve, practicing engineers and academic researchers must continually develop the software to run these technologies. Modern Industrial Automation Software Design offers readers the critical tools needed to create software that meets today′s dynamic industrial challenges.
This up–to–date resource first lays out the knowledge base that allows purposeful and disciplined automation software development. Then, moving from general knowledge to its specific use, the authors discuss five typical applications in real–world industrial automation software design. These include:
- An object–oriented reconfigurable software design
- A flexible measurement point management system
- An automatic blending system using multithreaded programming
- A flexible automatic test system for rotating turbine machinery
- An Internet–based online real–time condition monitoring system
Using this practical, hands–on approach, Modern Industrial Automation Software Design covers important new software innovations, such as:
Modern software engineering ∗ Object–oriented methodology ∗ Visual/graphical programming platforms ∗ Graphical user interfaces ∗ Virtual instrumentation ∗ Component–based systems ∗ Systematic database management ∗ Dynamic data exchange ∗ Software performance testing
Modern Industrial Automation Software Design brings together multiple disciplines into a cutting–edge reference suitable not only for students and practitioners of industrial measurement and control, but also for the general reader interested in new prospects for industrial production and management.
Part I. Design Principles of Modern Industrial Automation Systems.
2. Virtual Instrumentation.
3. Component–Based Measurement Systems.
4. Object–Oriented Software Engineering.
5. Graphical User Interface Design.
6. Database Management.
7. Software Testing.
Part II. Real–World Applications.
9. An Object–Oriented Reconfigurable Software.
10. Flexible Measurement Point Management.
11. A Blending System Using Multithreaded Programming.
12. A Flexible Automatic Test System for Rotating Turbine Machinery.
13. An Internet–Based Online Real–Time Condition Monitoring System.