- a critical analysis of all available information, including practical recommendations
- new ideas on performance enhancement and equipment selection
- an up–to–date review of research results on equipment performance
- illustrations of present understanding using well–known equipment
- a concise survey of past, present and forthcoming procedures
Historical Background (M. Hampe, et al.).
Recommended Systems for Liquid Extraction Studies (H.–J.
Bart, et al.).
Rate Coefficients in Liquid–Liquid Extraction Systems (M. Slater).
General Hydrodynamic Design Basis for Columns (T. Mí&sbreve;ek).
Computational Procedures for Column Simulation and Design (L. Steiner).
Population Balance Based Modelling of Solvent Extraction Columns (C. Gourdon, et al.).
Packed Columns (G. Stevens).
Rotating Disc Contactors (W. Korchinsky).
Pulsed Sieve–Plate Columns (H. Haverland & M. Slater).
Mixers (J. Godfrey).
Gravity Settlers (S. Hartland & S. Jeelani).
Centrifugal Extractors (E. Blass).