- The use of an easy to understand matrix variational technique to develop the time–invariant quadratic and LQG controllers
- A step–by–step introduction to essential mathematical ideas as they are needed, motivating the reader to venture beyond basic concepts
- The examination of linear system theory as it relates to control theory
- The use of the PBH test to characterize eigenvalues in the state feedback and observer problems rather than its usual role as a test for controllability or observability
- The development of model reduction via balanced realization
- The employment of the L2 gain as a basis for the development of the H??? controller for the design of controllers in the presence of plant model uncertainty
State Feedback and Controllability.
State Estimation and Observability.
Model Approximation via Balanced Realization.
Signal and System Spaces.
Hx State Feedback and Estimation.
Hx Output Feedback Control.