One impetus for this project is the recognition of a growing demand among instructors for a book that departs from fact–stuffed textbooks and instead engages students in the discovery process at a personal level.
2. The Origins Of Life – When Chemistry Became Biology.
3. Going Out On A Limb For The Tree Of Life.
4. In Pursuit Of Prions.
5. The Tale Of Telomeres.
6. Stem Cells – The Science Of Self Renewal.
7. The Roots Of Cloning.
8. Homocysteine And Heart Health.
9. On Technology – From Unrealistic Expectations To Unwarranted Fears
... I highly recommend this book as a supplement to anyone who teaches biology to college freshmen. It would also be a good source book for a biology seminar class."Rita Mary King, The American Biology Teacher, March 2002