The Seventh Edition of the ICE Conditions, published in 1999, introduced a number of changes, including:
- incorporating some of the concepts of the Latham Report
- amending certain provisions of the Sixth Edition which had attracted criticism
- rectifying conspicuous omissions from the text of earlier editions of the contract
- correcting small errors and faults from the previous edition
- modernising certain provisions and terms
Brian Eggleston, whose previous book on the ICE Conditions was described as ′likely to become the authoritative reference source for the Sixth Edition′, examines the contract clause by clause from a practical and legal viewpoint. There is extensive coverage of case law.
Written by an experienced civil engineer and recognized authority on construction contracts, this book is an essential guide to all users of the ICE Conditions.
"He has displayed a very sound understanding of all legal principles....the explanation is easily digestible...this is a readable book of a very high standard and the practical and legal knowledge contained are a must for all those involved in the ICE Conditions" –– Arbitration
′Brian Eggleston once again hits the mark with this latest analysis of the ICE Standard Form. His easy read is a must for every member of the construction team.′ –– Tony Bingham