Stuart McPhee has been helping traders profit from financial markets for more than a decade. In this best–selling trading guide, McPhee encourages traders to develop comprehensive, individualized trading plans based on sound methodology, solid money management and the right mindset.
This 10th Anniversary Edition of Trading in a Nutshell, fully revised and updated, is the perfect guide for those starting out in trading, and will also serve as useful revision for more experienced traders.
You′ll learn how to:
- create a trading method and written plan that suits your personality, trading goals and tolerance to risk
- analyse charts, use indicators and recognize patterns
- manage your risk and, most critically, protect your trading capital
- develop a mindset ready for the rigours of trading and capable of delivering trading success
- maximize profits and cut losses through wise entry and exit decisions
- get started on your trading journey
You will also discover how market experts, such as Mark Cook, Greg Morris, Dr Van Tharp and others, developed their expertise and the trading rules they follow.
1 An introduction to trading 1
2 Financial markets 11
3 Technical analysis and charts 27
4 Chart patterns and indicators 53
5 Developing a trading strategy 73
6 The exit decision 95
7 Trade execution 117
8 Money management and risk 123
9 Developing your trading plan 143
10 Developing your mindset 159
11 Rules of trading 185
12 The experts 191
13 Getting started 233