This book, containing all original material, is built on the proposition that the IEEE Software Engineering Standards capture many of the fundamental "best practices" of software project management. It will assist the reader in successfully applying those standards to their projects and their organization. To meet this goal, the authors discuss and elaborate on the standards covering these three key management areas:
- Software systems engineering
- Process for developing software products
- Planning and control of software project activities
The body of the text is correspondingly organized into three important parts: Software Systems Engineering; Process Management and Control; and Project Planning and Management.
I: Software Systems Engineering.
1. Software Systems Engineering.
2. Concept of Operations.
3. Software Requirements Specification.
4. Software User Documentation.
5. Software Verification and Validation.
6. Software Maintenance.
II: Process Management and Control.
7. Software Life Cycle Process Management.
8. Software Process Improvement.
9. Software Configuration Management.
10. Software Quality Assurance.
11. Software Reviews.
III: Project Planning and Management.
12. Software Cost and Schedule.
13. Software Engineering Project Management.
14. Software Risk Management.
15. Software Metrics.
A. The Work Breakdown Structure.
B. Representing Project Schedules.
About the Authors.