- complete definitions of magnetic phenomena and theories
- illustrations of magnetic materials
- detailed explanations of basic magnetization and domain theory
- practical use of many fundamental expressions
- useful technical data on magnetic materials
Concepts of Ferromagnetism.
Factors Affecting Magnetic Quality.
MAGNETIC PROPERTIES OF MATERIALS.
Technical and Pure Iron.
Other Iron Alloys of High Permeability.
Other High Permeability Materials.
MAGNETIC PHENOMENA AND THEORIES.
The Magnetization Curve and the Domain Theory.
Magnetic Properties of Crystals.
Stress and Magnetostriction.
Temperature and the Curie Point.
Energy, Specific Heat, and Magnetocaloric Effect.
Magnetism and Electrical Properties.
Change of Magnetization with Time.
Special Problems in Domain Theory.
Measurement of Magnetic Quantities.
Appendix 1: Symbols Used in Text.
Appendix 2: Some Physical Properties of the Elements.
Appendix 3: Values of Some Constants.
Appendix 4: Magnetic Properties of Various Materials.