The first part of this volume is devoted to generic aspects of metabolic control, with chapters on the key control points in pathways. Part Two considers the control of specific pathways, with detailed descriptions (including structures) and discussions of the regulation of these pathways, particularly in terms of the enzymology. The book is directed at researchers and professionals in plant biochemistry, physiology, molecular biology and cell biology.
1. Evaluation of the Transcriptome and Genome to Inform the Study of Metabolic Control in Plants (Oliver Thimm, Oliver E. Bläsing, Bjorn Usadel and Yves Gibon).
2. The Use of Proteomics in the Study of Metabolic Control (Lee J. Sweetlove).
3. Study of Metabolic Control in Plants by Metabolomics (Oliver Fiehn).
4. Metabolite Transporters in the Control of Plant Primary Metabolism (Mechthild Tegeder and Andreas P.M. Weber).
5. Role of Protein Kinases, Phosphatases and 14-3-3 Proteins in the Control of Primary Plant Metabolism (Greg B.G. Moorhead, George W. Templeton and Hue T. Tran).
6. Redox Signal Transduction in Plant Metabolism (Santiago Mora-Garcia, Fabiana G. Stolowicz and Ricardo A. Wolosiuk).
7. Control of Carbon Fixation in Chloroplasts (Brigitte Gontero, Luisana Avilan and Sandrine Lebreton).
8. Control of Phosphoenolpyruvate Carboxylase in Plants (Hugh G. Nimmo).
9. Control of Sucrose Biosynthesis (Elspeth Macrae and John Lunn).
10. Control of Starch Biosynthesis in Vascular Plants and Algae (Matthew K. Morrell, Zhongyi Li, Ahmed Regina, Sadiq Rahman, Christophe D’Hulst and Steven G. Ball).
11. The Organization and Control of Plant Mitochondrial Metabolism (Allison E. McDonald and Greg C. Vanlerberghe).
12. Photosynthetic Carbon-Nitrogen Interactions: Modelling Inter-Pathway Control and Signalling (Christine H. Foyer, Graham Noctor and Paul Verrier).
13. Control of Sulfur Uptake, Assimilation and Metabolism (Malcolm J. Hawkesford, Jonathan R. Howarth and Peter Buchner).
Michael T. McManus Institute of Molecular BioSciences, Massey University, New Zealand.