The book takes a structured approach:
- masterplanning and real estate (acquisitions and disposals)
- construction and commissioning
- refurbishment, fit–out and project management
- occupant satisfaction.
Sustainable Practice for the Facilities Manager fills a the gap between the policy–level sustainability books and the detailed technical documents by focusing on the ‘what’ and ‘how’ of planning and implementing sound environmental management practices in the context of FM operations.
It covers policy and trends on global, European and UK levels affecting businesses; compliance requirements for organisations – including some sector–specific areas; and best practice, with good and bad case studies showing the business benefits of incorporating sustainable practice into day–to–day activities.
The book is for:
- facilities management professionals
- public and private organisations owning properties
- property companies
- institutional investors
- building services or supplier organisations
and will help you deliver an improved operationally performing facility.
1. Sustainable development and facilities management.
2. Sustainable Business Management.
3. Facilities Lifecycle.
4. Operation of the Facility.
Appendix 1: Sources and documents relevant to environmental management for facilities managers.
Appendix 2: Initiatives/bodies relevant to sustainable design, construction and property.