For ease of reference, the book contains an alphabetical digest of cases with an extensive subject index. The facts, key issues and decision in each case are summarised to provide easy access for the busy practitioner.
The legal basis for each decision is also explained in clear, jargon–free language. The book is illustrated and extracts from relevant statutes appear throughout the text. An introductory chapter also places the cases in their broader legal context for those requiring a more detailed understanding of the law in this area.
The book provides a single source of reference on the case law required by all party wall surveyors. It gives readers practical, and legally up–to–date, guidance on the practice of party wall surveying, including:
- Making sure that notices are properly served under the Act
- Protecting the interests of appointing owners during negotiations
- Ensuring that awards are legally enforceable
- Dealing with compensation claims by adjoining owners
- Advising clients on appeals under the Act