Metal Complex - DNA Interactions provides a comprehensive overview of this increasingly diverse field, presenting recent developments and the latest research with particular emphasis on metal-based drugs and metal ion toxicity. The text is divided into four parts:
- Basic Structural and Kinetic Aspects: includes chapters on sequence-selective metal binding to DNA and thermodynamic models.
- Medical Applications: focuses on anticancer platinum drugs, including discussions on DNA repair in antitumor effects of platinum drugs and photo-dynamic therapy.
- DNA-Recognition - Nucleases and Sensor: describes probes for DNA recognition, artificial restriction agents, metallo-DNAzymes for metal sensing applications and metal ion dependent catalysis in nucleic acid enzymes.
- Toxicological Aspects: deals with structural studies of mercury–DNA interactions, chromium-induced DNA damage and repair, and the effect of arsenic and nickel on DNA integrity.
This book will be a valuable resource for academic researchers and professionals from a range of pharmaceutical and chemical industries, particularly those involved in the development of new and less toxic anticancer metallo-drugs, and in the field of environmental and toxicological chemistry.
1. Sequence-Selective Binding of Transition Metal Complexes to DNA
2. Thermodynamic Models of Metal Ion -DNA.Interactions
3. Metal Ion Coordination in G-quadruplexes
4. Supramolecular Chemistry of Metal-Nucleobase Complexes
B Medical Applications
5. Platinum Drugs, Nucleotides, and DNA: the Role of Interligand Interactions,
nucleotides and DNA
6. Role of DNA Repair in Antitumor Effects of Platinum Drugs
7. Telomeres and Telomerase: Potential Targets for Platinum Complexes
8. Toward Photodynamic Therapy of Cancer with Platinum Group Metal Polyazine Complexes
9. Platinated Oligonucleotides: Synthesis and Applications for the Control of Gene
10. New Titanium and Ruthenium Anticancer Drugs and their Interaction with DNA
C DNA-Recognition - Nucleases and Sensors
11. Groove-Binding Ruthenium(II) Complexes as Probes of DNA Recognition
12. DNA Recognition and Binding by Peptide-Metal Complex conjugate
13. Artificial Restriction Agents - Hydrolytic Agents for DNA Cleavage
14. New Metallo-DNAzymes: Fundamental Studies of Metal-DNA Interactions and
Metal Sensing Applications
15. Two-metal Ion Dependent Catalysis in Nucleic Acid Enzymes
D Toxicological aspects
16. Mercury- DNA Interactions. Structural Studies on MercuryII -Mediated T-T Base-Pair with NMR Spectroscopy
17. Chromium-Induced DNA Damage and Repair
18. Arsenic and nickel: Mechanisms Affecting DNA Integrity