Written by an international team of experts, Atmospheric Science for Environmental Scientists gives an excellent overview of our current understanding of the state of the Earth s atmosphere and how it is changing. It is an invaluable resource for students, teachers and professionals.
1. The climate of the Earth (John Lockwood).
2. The evolution of the Earth s atmosphere (Richard Wayne).
3. Solar energy and atmospheric structure (Hugh Coe).
4. Biogeochemical cycles (Dudley Shallcross).
5. Tropospheric chemistry and air pollution (Paul Monks).
6. Clouds: formation and chemistry (Peter Brimblecombe).
7. Particulate matter in the atmosphere (Paul Williams).
8. Stratospheric chemistry and ozone depletion (Rob Mackenzie).
9. Boundary layer meteorology and atmospheric dispersion (Janet Barlow).
10. Urban air pollution (Jes Fenger).
11. Climate change and global air pollution (Atul Jain).
Appendix: List of websites.
"With magnificent detail describing the links between atmosphere and environment, the book is a valuable reference for understanding current climate science and the debate on climate change." (Drug and Alcohol Review, September 2009)