- a superb overview of organic reactions
- a rigorous introduction to the underlying theoretical concepts
- insight into the logic and simplicity underpinning organic synthesis
- biographies of, and mini–essays devoted to, great scientists who have shaped chemistry and biochemistry
- examples of industrial organic chemistry
- an easy–to–read, well–written, highly illustrated text
- an essential learning tool for chemistry, biochemistry and polymer science courses
Carbonyl Group: Additions and Addition–Elimination Reactions.
Carbonyl Group: Enolization––Michael Addition.
Carbonyl Group: Aldol Condensation.
Some Solutions to the Problem of Selectivity (Chemo–, Regio–, Stereo–).
Protection and Regeneration: Cases of the Alcohol and Carbonyl Group, Inversion of Polarity.
Protection and Regeneration: Examples of the Alcohol and Carbonyl Group, Inversion of Polarity.
Building of Rings.
Functionalizations: Wittig Conversion of Carbonyl Compounds to Olefins.
Synthons: Donor Synthons.