The designer, specifier and manufacturer of sandwich panels require a great deal of information on a wide range of subjects. This book has been written by a group of European experts under the editorship of a UK specialist in lightweight construction and provides guidance on:
materials used in manufacture.
thermal efficiency and air–and water– tightness.
performance in fire.
special problems of sandwich panels in cold stores and chill rooms.
architectural and aesthetic considerations.
structural design at the ultimate and serviceability limit states.
additional structural considerations including fastenings, the effect of openings and the use of sandwich panels as load–bearing walls.
The book concludes with some numerical design examples and is highly illustrated throughout.
3. Thermal Performance and Water–Tightness.
7. Refrigerated Warehouses, Cold Stores and Chill Rooms.
8. Special Architectural Applications.
9. Principles of Structural Behaviour.
10. Load–Bearing Capacity.
11. Loads, Load and Material Factors and Design Procedure.
12. Additional Structural Considerations.
13. Mechanical Testing.
14. Examples of Calculation Procedures.