I: Stock assessment for management purposes.
1. Hydroacoustic fish stock assessment in lakes in England and Wales (S. Hughes and J. Hateley).
2. The use of split–beam echosounder for fisheries assessment in reservoirs: necessity for validation (N. Cadic, P. Irz and C. Argillier).
3. Estimation of the fish yield potential of lakes in north–east Germany (U. Bramick).
4. Effects of area and location on pikeperch yields in Finnish lakes (J. Lappalainen and T. Malinen).
5. Fish stock assessment of Lake Schulen, Flanders: a comparison between 1988a dn 1999 (I. Simoens, J. Breine, H. Verreycken and C. Belpaire).
6. Ecology of European whitefish, Coregonus lavaretus, in two Austrian lakes in relation to fisheries management and lake productivity (J. Wanzenbock, H. Gassner, Y. Hassan, B. Lahnsteiner and G. Hauseder).
7. Fisheries of lake Victoria: an underwater perspective (R. Tumwebaze, A. Getabu, J. Bayona, D. MacLennan and I.G. Cowx).
8. Analysis of exploitation patterns for Nile perch, Lates niloticus, in Lake Victoria (O.C. Mkumbo, C. Ezekiel, Y.L. Budeba and I.G. Cowx).
9. Recent trends in the Lake Victoria fisheries assessed by ECOPATH (M.C. Villanueva and J. Moreau).
10. Fish population structure and its relation to fisheries yield in small reservoirs in Cote d′Ivoire (L. Tito de Morais).
11. Review of the fisheries in the Brazilian portion of the parana/pantanal basin (M. Petrere Jr, A.A. Agostinho, E.K. Okada and H.F. Julio Jr).
12. Fish and fisheries of Kaptai Reservoir, Bangladesh (G.C. Haldar, K.K. Ahmed, M. Alamgir, J.N. Akhter and M.K. Rahman).
II: Anthropogenic activities/rehabilitation and mitigation.
13. Coexistence of introduced Perca fluviatilis and Coregonus lavaretus in Santa Croce Lake (Italy), and propositions for fishery management (R. Loro and A. Mamcarz).
14. Compensatory responses of fish populations in a shallow eutrophic lake to heavy depredation pressure by cormorants and the implications for management (J.R. Britton, J.P. Harvey, I.G. Cowx, T. Holden, M.J. Feltham, B.R. Wilson and J.M. Davies).
15. Restoration of Ormesby Broad through biomanipulation: ecological, technical and sociological issues (M.L. Tomlinson, M.R. Perrow, D. Hoare, J.–A. Pitt, S. Johnson, C. Wilson and D. Alborough).
16. Impacts and subsequent control of an introduced predator: the case of pike, Esox lucius, in Chew Valley Lake (A.Ibbotson and C. Kell).
17. The potential to control fish community structure using preference for different spawning substrates in a temperate reservoir (M. Zalewski and P. Frankiewicz).
18. Fish ecology and conservation in Lake Banyles (Spain): the neglected problem of exotic species (E. Garcia–Berthou and R. Moreno–Amich).
19. Conservation of the endangered whitefish, Coregonus lavaretus, population of Haweswater, UK (I.J. Winfield, J.M. Fletcher and D.K. Winfield).
20. Fish community and habitat changes in the artificially stocked fishery of Lake Naivasha, Kenya (P. Hickley and D. Harper).
21. Is the invasion of water hyacinth, Eichhornia crassipes Solms (Mart.), a blessing to Lake Victoria fisheries (M. Njiru, A.N. Othina, A. Getabu, D. Tweddle and I.G. Cowx).
22. Managing the exploitation of brook trout, Salvelinus fontinalis (Mitchill), populations in Newfoundland lakes (M.C. van Zyll de Jong, N.P. Lester, R.M. Korver, W. Norris and B.L. Wicks).
23. Factors affecting the performance of stillwater coarse fisheries in England and Wales (R. North).
24. Management of fisheries in a large lake – for fish and fishermen (T. Vehanen, M. Marttunen, H. Tervo, P. Kylmala and P. Hyvarinen).
25. Fishery management practices in French lakes (C. Argillier, O. Pronier and T. Changeux).
26. Fisheries and fisheries management on lake Peipsi–Pihkva (T. Saat, V. Vaino, E. Afanasje and N. Koncevaja).
27. Role of non–exploited fishery resources in Sri Lankan reservoirs as a source of food for cage aquaculture (U.S. Amarasinghe, P.A.D. Ajith Kumara and M.H.S. Ariyaratne).
28. Potential species for fishery enhancement in Lake Fae, Cote d′ Ivoire (K.S. da Costa, K. Traore and W. Yte).
29. Pelagic cichlid fishes of Lake Malawi/Nyasa:biology, managemetn and conservation (G.F. Turner, R.L. Robinson, B.P. Ngatunga, P.W. Shaw and G.R. Carvalho).
30. Unsustainable tendencies and the fisheries of Lake Victoria (K. Crean, R. Abila, C. Lwenya, R. Omwega, F. Omwenga, A. Atai, J. Gonga, A. Nyapendi, K. Odongkara, M. Medard, P. Onyango and K. Geheb).
31. Principles and approaches to the management of lake and reservoir fisheries (I.G. Cowx).