Presenting one of the most dynamic areas of statistical research, this book offers a systematic, rigorous, and up–to–date treatment of fractional factorial designs and related combinatorial mathematics. Leading statisticians Aloke Dey and Rahul Mukerjee consolidate vast amounts of material from the professional literature expertly weaving fractional replication, orthogonal arrays, and optimality aspects. They develop the basic theory of fractional factorials using the calculus of factorial arrangements, thereby providing a unified approach to the study of fractional factorial plans. An indispensable guide for statisticians in research and industry as well as for graduate students, Fractional Factorial Plans features:
- Construction procedures of symmetric and asymmetric orthogonal arrays.
- Many up–to–date research results on nonexistence.
- A chapter on optimal fractional factorials not based on orthogonal arrays.
- Trend–free plans, minimum aberration plans, and search and supersaturated designs.
- Numerous examples and extensive references.
Symmetric Orthogonal Arrays.
Asymmetric Orthogonal Arrays.
Some Results on Nonexistence.
More on Optimal Fractional Plans and Related Topics.
Trend–Free Plans and Blocking.
Some Further Developments.