This book provides a broad source of reference on oils and fats chemistry for graduates entering the food and oleochemical industries, postgraduate researchers and nutritionists. It offers a point of entry to the detailed literature.
2. Extraction, refining and processing.
3. Structure of fatty acids and lipids.
4. Chemical and biological synthesis of fatty acids and lipids.
5. Analytical procedures.
6. Physical properties.
7. Chemical properties related to unsaturated centres.
8. Chemical properties related to the carboxyl group.
9. Nutritional properties.
10. Edible uses of oils and fats.
11. Non–edible uses of oils and fats.